by Nathan on Mar.19, 2008
Recently I came across the idea of lifestreaming. Not like Justin.tv or anything, but more of a portal where all your online activities come together. Things like Last.fm, Del.icio.us, my blog, and anything else I do that come with RSS feeds. I have seen a few site out there like FriendFeed that do this kind of aggregation but I just don’t like them.
I want something plain and simple that can be set as my Throw the Mind main page. This way my main page would have links and other info about me. I started creating a page like this, you can see it here if you like. The page isn’t finished yet, I would like better caching and an Ajax live updating feature, but its a start.
by Nathan on Jul.10, 2007
I have been using Google Reader for about a year now, and I love it. It is the best web based RSS reader out there. A few months back I ran across a Firefox extension Google Reader Notifier. This had proved to be a great extension for showing how many items were unread in my RSS Reader. Then about a month ago the developer update and broke the extension. It just wasn’t reliable anymore. So I went on a search for a another extension, and what I found was even better. Google Reader Watcher does the same thing but uses SSL for its connection. I must recommend this extension for all Google Reader users.
by Nathan on May.08, 2007
I have been using Google Reader since it was updated to the new version about a year ago. Damn it is one nice Rss Reader. Not to long ago I found a theme for it that made the whole experience of reading rss feeds even more enjoyable. The theme is suppose to look like an OSX app but really I don’t know. It’s nice, clean and give the reader more room to read articles. You can head over to http://www.hicksdesign.co.uk/journal/ to find out how to install the theme. Works on many browsers. Hope you enjoy it as much as I have.
by Nathan on Jan.26, 2007
I ran across this link about being a RSS junkie. So since I use Google Reader as my RSS reader I thought I would share with you my Google Reader Trends.
From your 41 subscriptions, over the last 30 days you read 7,020 items, starred 55 items, and shared 1 items
So what do you think? Major RSS reader or not so much?
by Nathan on Aug.31, 2006
Got to work this morning, felt the thirst coming on strong, so I headed to the soda machine. There I inserted $1.25 and hit the Mountain Dew Code Red button. To my surprise Grapico came out. Can this be a good sign or a bad one, only time will tell.
- A picture of a wifi network, what a great idea. It would be cool if this could be converted into a screen saver.
- Would you like to become a Digg power user. Here is the guide for you. If you want to add me as a friend my Friend ID is “Greenfday6″
- This is a nice tutorial for doing some craziness in photoshop. I wish I could use photoshop better, but I guess thats why I have friends who are good with it.
- A list a great wordpress plugins is always nice to have. This list seems to be all there, with some great stuff I will have to implement once I get some time.
- This new Web2.0 app looks like it might be great. If I could only get a Calendar that was easy to use and had rss that updated everyday. Thats what I need. I check rss more than I check email, and if bills are due….boom rss tells me…what a way to organize.
- If you are still using Internet Explorer then click Here and see why you should change to Firefox.
- And a last little post about porn browsing on the net….check this out.
I hope you enjoy, and remember tomorrow is Friday…the weekend starts and this weekend you even get an extra day….w00t!