by Nathan on Mar.17, 2009
The week leading up to Outerz0ne was crazy. We spent many hours working on the new Photobooth. Big thanks to Tim for a crazy design which I firmly believe he sold his sole to Satan for. Bob was awesome, he spend many hours putting the thing together. Venkat did a great job on the new software. Greg, Scott, Justin and I’m sure a few others also helped get this project done.
We had planned to leave Thursday night for Outerz0ne, but as the week rolled forward, it started looking like Thursday night might be a work night for everyone involved. Indeed it was, we worked late into the night, then got up Friday and continued to work. We finally finished working on the thing at about 6pm. Once it was done, we promptly tore it down, packed it up and stuffed it into the car. Then raced to Outerz0ne.
This was a great project to work on, and I believe it is far better than the first one. This photobooth actually breaks down and folds up under the seat. The only components that do not fit are the computer and curtains, but I think we have enough room under the seat for the curtains. There are a few areas which need improvement, but these are things that can be taken care of fairly easily, and hopefully can be done right without being rushed.
Below are pictures taken while building was taken place, and here is the link to the pictures the Photobooth took from Outerz0ne 5
by Nathan on Mar.16, 2009
Not really in a writing mood right now and since lists are easier here you go.
- Photobooth finished exactly a day late.
- GPS took us some crazy way to ATL
- Santa Hats rock!
- Other crazy hats made there way all around the con and someone ended up in our room Sunday morning.
- Drank a bit on Friday night, but not really on Sat.
- Took the party to Tim when he showed up.
- Went to Waffle House late at night with Crazy, her crazy husband, and Mog.
- Sang Happy Birthday to a stranger there.
- Joined in on MakersLocal talk about hackerspaces.
- Cops sent up to our room, because neighbors or Crazy called the cops.
- Though the party had moved to its own room, far away from guests.
- Talked to SkyDog and crew till early Sunday morning.