by Nathan on Aug.26, 2009
I did a talk about Xbox 360 Hacking earlier this month at the HSV 2600 meeting. The talk wasn’t a “How To” it was a more general this is what you need to know. I didn’t want to bring in everything involved because our location is small. I did put together a few slides and figured I should post them here. If you have any questions, contact me. Although you have to remember this was done for research purposes only. I do not condone breaking the DMCA in any fashion.
Open Office file –> XBOX-360-Hacking.odp
by Nathan on Oct.24, 2007
Pretty cool. Some Russian hacker outfit has created a program to crack passwords using your GPU. Thus cracking NTLM-hashed Microsoft Vista passwords in 3-5 days with an simple and cheap $150 graphics card.
by Nathan on Oct.24, 2007
Over the weekend I went to Phreaknic for the second time, and what a blast I had. So instead of writing a long ass post about what happen I’ll just make a list and you can fill in the rest.
- Hotel sucks as every room has something different wrong with it.
- Room 828 is right by the stairs and makes a perfect party room.
- 8th floor is still the party floor, with raves and everything.
- Driving back to HSV for a computer sucks.
- Have a photo booth with lots of drunk people rocks.
- The photo booth didn’t see boobies but it did see a Woo-Ha
- Lots of girl on girl making out in the photo booth.
- Acidus was hacking websites again.
- Pizza is eaten by all, all the time.
- Try not to pass out at 1am, because there is still a lot more night to follow.
- Waking up to a Jet Engine at 9am sucks, but getting a text message every morning sucks worse.
- Drunk blond made it to our room. I am “cute”, but could also be gay, she didn’t know.
- Waking up in the morning wondering when/how you got to bed is a little creepy.
- Morning after elevator riding makes one woozy.
- Chair thrown over the 9th floor costs $50.
- Green lasers are awesome, and can been seen my Batman.
- Setting up a non-profit seems easy.
- Wontonjoe can not be trusted with directions.
- Strages’ car can do at least 110mp, with a photo booth in the back.
- Fire Breathing!
- Drunken Guitar Hero
- Someone broke my cell phone.
- and much much more…..
by Nathan on Oct.18, 2007
Well its about time for Phreaknic. We are all leaving tonight to head up to Nashville and will be coming back Sunday afternoon. I have a bunch of t-shirts and business cards to give out for my other site. I hope to get some users and actually get the site going. I didn’t bring a camera but I know other people did so I am sure I will be linking to pictures of me. You know if they don’t show anything to bad. It is a hacker con so you never know. Might try to update while I am there, but again you never know what happens at a hacker con. So till next time…..
by Nathan on Oct.04, 2007
Looks like the same Tiff exploit that was used to downgrade the PSP from 2.0 to 1.5 firmware, is going to be used to run code on the iPhone. This news is kind of funny since Sony fixed the Tiff buffer overflow problem a year and a half ago. Guess Apple didn’t get that memo. Ups!!!