by Nathan on Nov.26, 2007
Wendsday - After work I went to Target to get a birthday card for my mom. Since it was her birthday we all decided to go out for dinner. Once I left Target I headed over to the Eagles where my parents where getting drunk. Anyways after that we went to dinner at Logans. They had the most expensive things there. By the time we were done the bill was closee to $100
Thursday - Turkey Day. Well since holidays aren’t that big of a deal in our family, I just kind of sat around all day doing nothing but watching TV, chatting with Kerri and just playing around on my computer. My mom did however make some awesome stuffing, with turkey in it. It was the best part of out Thanksgiving meal.
Friday – Being as it was Black Friday and post people didn’t go to work I stayed away from all shopping centers. I did however go to work for a little over half the day. I didn’t have anything going on so there really was no point in taking vacation time to just sit at home. I did make it over to Brian’s house where we played some Mario Galaxy. Its an awesome game. The playability is a lot like Mario64, which is awesome. One thing thats hard to get used to the concept of running around items in space, but after you do its normal. The game almost makes me want a Wii again. I also worked on getting CGI:IRC working on my server. If you use irc, you can now go to throwthemind.com/irc and use the web client to access any server, and if you noticed its all over ssh.
Saturday - Didn’t get out of bed till around 11am, then just kind of hung out at the house for a while. I then left and headed to the Narrows where I continued to hang out. Watched the 3rd Resident Evil. Pretty good movie. Stopped by Ross’s for a while, then back home. I played around with reverse proxies but didn’t get anything working.
Sunday - A no socks Sunday again. Yep I just sat round all day. Really I worked on a reverse proxy for meebo.com. I want to be able to access meebo from my own server over ssl. I also read some more in a Ruby on Rails book and created a little test app. RoR does a lot for you. Its crazy. One feature is it versions your database. So you can go back to any previous version with no problems. Its kind of cool. But also a little weird to wrap my head around.
So there you have it a rundown of my Holiday weekend. Got some server stuff done, and learned a few things, but other than that I’m kind of boring.
Resident Evil 3
by Nathan on Aug.13, 2006
First, I wanted to say that I have been seeing an awesome girl by the name of Kim. Thought you all might want to know that since this post is about playing poker with some of her friends.
So last night Kim and I want to play poker with some of her friends. What a great time I had, and what a great way to lose $3. Her friends were really cool people. Just hanging out drinking playing cards, it doesn’t seem special but its far better than the drama that used to be my ex’s friends. So needless to say, I liked hanging out with these people and they really made me feel like I fit in. Anyway on to the poker game. I bet everything I had which wasn’t much on 2 pair or 3′s and 5′s or something small like that, and was beat by 3 of a kind. So there I sat, chipless, and feeling like a looser. But I helped Kim stay in the game, to the end. She finished 3rd. She just sat there folding on like everything. She did a great job. The only think I wish is that my tumour wasn’t killing me and that I would have felt a lot better. All in all I had a wonderful time, and can’t wait to win my money back. Thanks Babe. **KISS**
by Nathan on Jun.28, 2006
I really think there is some great stuff in here today. Hope everyone else enjoys.
- Car of the future.
- PSP hacking, a new era.
- I wonder what the reaction time is on something like this?
- Songbird with universal binaries…can we say Yay!!
- Crack Windows WGA Validation thingy
- Super Mario Bros. 2.5D!
- Don’t you just got to love the quiet Librarian that stands up for “OUR RIGHTS”
- This sounds like it would be funny? 55mph on a highway
- What no ads are you stupid?
Edit:Looks like I mess up on a post and people started bitching..lol The date was wrong, I started this post last night, and the calender said it was the 27th..or well
by Nathan on Jun.23, 2006
Some great stuff today. The Interweb just keeps getting better. Also check out Strages’ Quickies he might have something useful there. Have a great weekend, and see you all back here again on Monday.
- Digg 3.0 is coming Monday. This looks to be a great update to the ever so popular social news site digg.com If you notice to the right of my site, you will see I use digg a lot and have my feeds up.
- Yay we can now have amateur porn hot lines. Would that just be swell.
- So you want a PSP mod chip, well here you go, check your umd drive first, then order away. Let me know if it all works out.
- Fun with Google.
- Here you go, any professional website that names a section Business 2.0 should be shot, and here is proof. 10 people that don’t matter. Are the “Business 2.0 Magazine staff” fucktards or what. I want you to look at this list and tell me that these people don’t matter. CNNmoney.com and the “Business 2.0 Magazine staff” why don’t you go fuck your self. Thank you very much.
- Yay for movie critics
- What did I say, the girl lied, she said she was 15. Ok here is the thing. Does the 19 year old really think he is going to get out of this my saying, but Judge I didn’t know she was 14 her profile said she was 15 and single. Dude the age of consent is in Texas is 17…guess what “YOU ARE FUCKED!!!”
- Million Dollar Building?? WTF!!
- Want to move to a big city, but don’t have a job, try this on for size.