by Nathan on Nov.28, 2009
Phreaknic was over Halloween weekend this year and man what a great time it was. We had the photobooth up and working again, many Makers Local people had great costumes, and we partied! Saturday morning Matt and I got up and cooked pancakes for all the hungovers and got some donations. Overall I think the weekend went great, though it was almost a month back now, so I don’t really remember details. This year I remember taking almost all of these pictures, which is an improvement over last year.
by Nathan on Mar.17, 2009
The week leading up to Outerz0ne was crazy. We spent many hours working on the new Photobooth. Big thanks to Tim for a crazy design which I firmly believe he sold his sole to Satan for. Bob was awesome, he spend many hours putting the thing together. Venkat did a great job on the new software. Greg, Scott, Justin and I’m sure a few others also helped get this project done.
We had planned to leave Thursday night for Outerz0ne, but as the week rolled forward, it started looking like Thursday night might be a work night for everyone involved. Indeed it was, we worked late into the night, then got up Friday and continued to work. We finally finished working on the thing at about 6pm. Once it was done, we promptly tore it down, packed it up and stuffed it into the car. Then raced to Outerz0ne.
This was a great project to work on, and I believe it is far better than the first one. This photobooth actually breaks down and folds up under the seat. The only components that do not fit are the computer and curtains, but I think we have enough room under the seat for the curtains. There are a few areas which need improvement, but these are things that can be taken care of fairly easily, and hopefully can be done right without being rushed.
Below are pictures taken while building was taken place, and here is the link to the pictures the Photobooth took from Outerz0ne 5
by Nathan on Mar.16, 2009
Not really in a writing mood right now and since lists are easier here you go.
- Photobooth finished exactly a day late.
- GPS took us some crazy way to ATL
- Santa Hats rock!
- Other crazy hats made there way all around the con and someone ended up in our room Sunday morning.
- Drank a bit on Friday night, but not really on Sat.
- Took the party to Tim when he showed up.
- Went to Waffle House late at night with Crazy, her crazy husband, and Mog.
- Sang Happy Birthday to a stranger there.
- Joined in on MakersLocal talk about hackerspaces.
- Cops sent up to our room, because neighbors or Crazy called the cops.
- Though the party had moved to its own room, far away from guests.
- Talked to SkyDog and crew till early Sunday morning.
by Nathan on Nov.03, 2008
We made it here last night around 10:30ish. Stayed up talking with people till about 2am, and the con hadn’t even started yet. What a fun weekend. –Friday Morning
I was going to make this a live blogging type of post, but the network at the hotel sucked. We were basically cut off from the Internet for most of the weekend. It would have helped us get the photo booth working better, but oh well I guess. Its been through four cons, and numerous parties. Its about time for an upgrade. The USB Auth Door went over fairly well. Hak.5 is suppose to be calling us for an interview, which needless to say is Awesome! And apparently Strages got a lot of good feedback from people stopping and playing with the multi-touch table. Which is fairly awesome, because it was kind of a last minute project that started falling into place.
Now on to what happen. I can only really speak of what happen during the day because both nights are kind of a blur.
- Friday, I watched a few talks, one about U3, another about making AK47′s, and a few others. I didn’t really learn anything that awesome. The talk about making AK47′s was about how you go about importing an AK47 in peaces then putting it back together, and some of the rules behind that. It was fairly informative, and something I didn’t even know was out there.
- Saturday, morning sucked, lets just leave it at that. At one point in the day I headed to the Hacker Consortium to check out there place. Its a lot bigger than our hacker space, but we are working on fixing that. Before heading out there, a bunch of us watched SkyDog’s talk about how they found the place and what kind of crap they have been through with it. Pretty cool talk. Oh and we had five meat calzone at some point.
- Sunday we headed back around 12, stopped at a Cracker Barrel for food, then back to HSV. Strages and I unloaded the photo booth and other things at the shop, then we went driving around downtown looking for new make shops. At one point we were walking down an alley and in front of us we see about 50 zombies walking down the street. I swear it a scene right out of a movie. Craziest thing ever.
I realize i didn’t go into a lot of detail, but it has been over a week. I don’t remember all of it. Maybe next year the Internet will be better and I can do a live blogging kind of thing. Anyways you can still check out some of the pics I took.
by Nathan on Oct.24, 2007
Over the weekend I went to Phreaknic for the second time, and what a blast I had. So instead of writing a long ass post about what happen I’ll just make a list and you can fill in the rest.
- Hotel sucks as every room has something different wrong with it.
- Room 828 is right by the stairs and makes a perfect party room.
- 8th floor is still the party floor, with raves and everything.
- Driving back to HSV for a computer sucks.
- Have a photo booth with lots of drunk people rocks.
- The photo booth didn’t see boobies but it did see a Woo-Ha
- Lots of girl on girl making out in the photo booth.
- Acidus was hacking websites again.
- Pizza is eaten by all, all the time.
- Try not to pass out at 1am, because there is still a lot more night to follow.
- Waking up to a Jet Engine at 9am sucks, but getting a text message every morning sucks worse.
- Drunk blond made it to our room. I am “cute”, but could also be gay, she didn’t know.
- Waking up in the morning wondering when/how you got to bed is a little creepy.
- Morning after elevator riding makes one woozy.
- Chair thrown over the 9th floor costs $50.
- Green lasers are awesome, and can been seen my Batman.
- Setting up a non-profit seems easy.
- Wontonjoe can not be trusted with directions.
- Strages’ car can do at least 110mp, with a photo booth in the back.
- Fire Breathing!
- Drunken Guitar Hero
- Someone broke my cell phone.
- and much much more…..