Archive for October, 2007
by Nathan on Oct.30, 2007
Yesterday I had to run up to Scottsboro and update the tags on my car. While there I of course had to stop by Unclaimed Baggage. While I was looking around I noticed that they have gone up on their prices for most things. I saw an old Xbox that had nothing with it for $55, and old 20GB 4th gen iPod was like $100, and I saw a 512mb Flash Drive for like $20. Needless to say I wasn’t impressed with their pricing. But I did find a set of Dell BH200 bluetooth headphones for $2.18. They don’t sound the greatest in the world but they are stereo and work great. Also the new cell phone I am looking at will be able to take advantage of the headphone, which will be pretty sweet.
by Nathan on Oct.29, 2007
Friday: After work I stalked Steve, then followed him back to his house where thinks got a little weird. Ok not really but while there someone posted a link to a craigslist missing connection post that was for me. The blond from Phreaknic really did think I was cute. Then Brian and I headed to the ACM Halloween party, where I spent $10 dollars for tickets and didn’t win a damn thing. Left about 10:30, hit the sack about 2am.
Saturday: Got up around 10am, headed to The.Narro.ws around 2pm. Stalked Steve a little more at CompUSA. We both tried to buy something and the price was wrong. Every time I go into that place the prices are wrong. Anyways I finally left Steve alone, and went to the.narro.ws. Played around with some computer stuff, then left to pick up Kerri about 6pm. We had dinner at some Mexican place with Matt, Kat, Bob, Kensey, and Conrad. Then Wal-Mart where she stole some glasses, and we took way to long looking at snacks. After Wal-Mart we both went stalking Steve at his house. Anyways the party was good, but I didn’t have that great of a time as Kerri decided Brian was way more intersting. But really I had made up my mind about her earlier that evening. Once I dropped her off I found out she left her coat, so I have to see her at some point to give it back. All in all it was an OK day.
Sunday: I was lazy all day. So lazy in fact I didn’t even put on socks, or walk outside. I just sat in from of the tv/computer all day. Installed Leopard and got caught up on TV shows. Great day of doing nothing worth wild. I loved it.
by Nathan on Oct.24, 2007
Pretty cool. Some Russian hacker outfit has created a program to crack passwords using your GPU. Thus cracking NTLM-hashed Microsoft Vista passwords in 3-5 days with an simple and cheap $150 graphics card.
by Nathan on Oct.24, 2007
Over the weekend I went to Phreaknic for the second time, and what a blast I had. So instead of writing a long ass post about what happen I’ll just make a list and you can fill in the rest.
- Hotel sucks as every room has something different wrong with it.
- Room 828 is right by the stairs and makes a perfect party room.
- 8th floor is still the party floor, with raves and everything.
- Driving back to HSV for a computer sucks.
- Have a photo booth with lots of drunk people rocks.
- The photo booth didn’t see boobies but it did see a Woo-Ha
- Lots of girl on girl making out in the photo booth.
- Acidus was hacking websites again.
- Pizza is eaten by all, all the time.
- Try not to pass out at 1am, because there is still a lot more night to follow.
- Waking up to a Jet Engine at 9am sucks, but getting a text message every morning sucks worse.
- Drunk blond made it to our room. I am “cute”, but could also be gay, she didn’t know.
- Waking up in the morning wondering when/how you got to bed is a little creepy.
- Morning after elevator riding makes one woozy.
- Chair thrown over the 9th floor costs $50.
- Green lasers are awesome, and can been seen my Batman.
- Setting up a non-profit seems easy.
- Wontonjoe can not be trusted with directions.
- Strages’ car can do at least 110mp, with a photo booth in the back.
- Fire Breathing!
- Drunken Guitar Hero
- Someone broke my cell phone.
- and much much more…..
by Nathan on Oct.18, 2007
Well its about time for Phreaknic. We are all leaving tonight to head up to Nashville and will be coming back Sunday afternoon. I have a bunch of t-shirts and business cards to give out for my other site. I hope to get some users and actually get the site going. I didn’t bring a camera but I know other people did so I am sure I will be linking to pictures of me. You know if they don’t show anything to bad. It is a hacker con so you never know. Might try to update while I am there, but again you never know what happens at a hacker con. So till next time…..