by Nathan on Aug.16, 2012
It has taken me a while, but I finally have a setup that uploads the pictures on my phone to my own photo gallery site.
1. Server application
I use an open source web gallery software called Piwigo. I have created a private gallery where I upload all my photos. Then I can either associate new pictures to galleries or move them to galleries. Piwigo doesn’t have an auto sync feature though. This means when a new photo is uploaded via ftp you would have to login and push the sync button. To fix this I found this perl script and put it in cron. This way every hour the sync button is pushed automatically.
2. Phone application
I found an Android app called Folder Sync Lite. I set this up to sync my camera directory from my SD card to my upload directory in my Piwigo install. I don’t need this to happen right away so I set it up to auto sync every 6 hrs. I also setup Folder Sync Lite to sync deletes. This way when I delete bad pics from my phone they also get delete on the server.
I really like this setup because my phone is with me all the time. This means you may be seeing more pictures from me.
by Nathan on Aug.15, 2012
Last night was Makers Local public night. Greg and Phil where playing with an aluminum forge. Phil got the forge kit from BackYardMetalCasting.com and this was the first time it had been fired up. It seemed to work fairly well. The best part is that no one died!
by Nathan on Aug.13, 2012Leave a Comment :Dana, Hiking more...
by Nathan on Jan.03, 2011
Wow, I’m doing another one of these. Seems like it wasn’t that long ago I was looking back on the year. Last year I had hoped that 2010 was going to be a better year for me. I was looking for better relationships, better things happening at work, and just overall a better year.
Here is a look at things that did happen this year.
- I was laid off work at the end of the year. Luckily I have found a job that is more laid back and interesting. It’s still new, so I don’t have much to say about it.
- Relationships where fun, but not lasting. That’s how you learn though, so not all bad.
- Saw at least 14 movies this year.
- Went to the Last HOPE and a road trip with good friends.
- I learned how to use a Maker Bot.
- Made my first electronics kit. A brain machine.
- I went to El Paso a couple of times for work.
- I also went to Hawaii again for work.
- Road tripped to St. Louis for the opening of Arch Reactor another US hackerspace.
Overall I would say the year was average. Nothing terrible happen, but nothing great happen either. I hope the next year will bring many changes. I have goals in mind, that I really want to make happen. From personal projects to projects with friends. I need to work on making these a reality because in turn they will changed my life.
Resolutions for 2011:
- Get a tattoo
- Go skydiving.
- More blogging.
- Work on projects!
- Go on more road trips.
by Nathan on Dec.31, 2010Leave a Comment :Movie, Rating more...